Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Clean Sweep Wednesday


Wednesday tends to be our deep cleaning day and one of Xylie's favorite days of the week. Sometimes she reminds me of "Mr. Monk" (The OCD detective on USA's hit comedy "Monk") when she says, "Mommy, I need a wipe!" She mostly is just allowed to use some wipes to help me with the cleaning, but today I also permitted her to try the cleaning spray. She was so psyched! She did a good job, but it made me a little nervous to see her handle a chemical. Of course, I was close by and she washed her hands immediately afterward.



For me, the best part of today was getting some Mother/Daughter pictures taken with Xylie. We didn't do a professional photo shoot, but Xylie and I had fun pretending that we were fashion models. When my mom came for a visit after Zayden was born, she and Xylie shopped until they dropped! On one spending excursion Xylie bought me a picture frame that says "Mommy & Me." It was for a picture of just us, but I didn't have a good photo for it since I am usually the one behind the camera. During the past 5 months, none of the previous pictures we took turned out well. So, I've been on a mission to get some cute pictures taken of us and I think today was finally a success. Just so Napp and Zayden wouldn't feel left out, we got a few shots of them too. Napp did his best to match Zayden's expression. On a side note, I am shocked how many of you voted that Zayden looks like me. I think he could be his daddy's stunt double some day.

Another highlight of the week is that Xylie made a new best friend. She had a playdate at her friend Delainey's house yesterday. The girls had a blast! I have a feeling that I will soon be posting some pictures and stories from future play dates. You can read more about Delainey's family in the blog link "Keslers in SC." Her mommy is my new friend and table discussion leader from MOPS, Jaime. I've only known Jaime for less than three-weeks, but she has been such an encouragement to me. She's also the only other person I know (other than my husband) who has moved as much as I have in the past 8 years!

The move here has been a bit tougher on all of us than I thought that it would have been. I mean c'mon, you'd think that a family that has moved as much as we have would be pros by now. Not the case. And although this is move #3 for 3.5 year-old Xylie, it is the only one she remembers. Here is a short story that illustrates the point I'm trying to make. Xylie has really outgrown her tricycle. Earlier this week I made a comment to her about it and excitedly suggested that she just may get a new big girl bike for her birthday. Instead of receiving the delighted response I expected, she got very upset. "No," She shouted. I want to keep this bike, I don't want anymore new!"








However, as we make new friendships and start to get "plugged in"I think that we are turning the corner. And with the beautiful clubhouse we have access to at the apartments, I plan to do some entertaining and make more efforts at establishing friendships. In Corpus, my friend Sonya always had a "Pumpkin-Recipe-Tasting Party" in October, and I think that I need to carry-on the tradition here. I'm also thinking of having Xylie and I plan a little mommy-daughter tea party together. As Xylie likes to say we are, afterall, "The Party Girls!" And to end on a funny note, while we were watching "The Party Girl" the other day, Xylie begged me to take a picture of the TV so I could show "everybody on the computer" the Party Girl! LOL. I don't think you can see much, but here she is!

0 comments: