Friday, October 5, 2007

Splish Splash

This week we welcomed a new family member - Sprinkles the Beta fish.

While we lived in Corpus, Xylie was the proud owner of Beta Sammy. Sammy was definitely from "good stock" as he was a hearty fellow. Despite his natural grit, we didn't think he could survive a the long road trip from Texas to South Carolina. Though it was difficult for Xylie to part from her water pal, she wanted the best for him and Sammy now happily resides with the Herrick family in Corpus.

A few days ago, Xylie reminded her daddy that she was promised a "new Sammy." It was time to cash in. Napp and Xylie went to Pet Smart where Xylie chose a pink and purple fish (Although from the photos, he appears to look blue and purple). When we asked her what she wanted to name him, she said "I'm still thinking about it." In a twist, Xylie asked if she could give me some choices and let me pick the name of her new fish out of those choices. My choices were: A) "Mommy Fish," B) Zayden Fish, C) Jolly-Rolly-Folly-Yally Fish; D) Sprinkles Fish. Although I was tempted to go for C, I opted for the least confusing of the four and picked "Sprinkles." Xylie told me that I made a great choice and that out of all the names it was her favorite.

Sprinkles lived in a temporary plastic container until his new home was set up this afternoon. He appears to be quite happy. I think that Sprinkles is an appropriate name as he looks like he is purple sprinkled with some pink. Xylie said she likes the name because sprinkles are a type of candy and she thinks that he looks like candy too.

Another boy who loves the water is none other than our fun guy Zayden!
Here are some great pictures of him enjoying his bath.
If any of you are wondering about the bath tub, it is an item I recommend to all new parents. It's the "Euro Bath" by Primo. We love it because it is very large and has a comfortable place on one side for babies who cannot yet sit unassisted.

The other end of the tub nicely accommodates babies who can sit on their own.
It also has an easy spout to empty the water without tipping the tub.

3 comments:

GrandCanyonMom said...

What a sweetie Zayden is! I really enjoyed him this morning. I love the bath tub pics! I hope you have a great week and we're looking forward to our playdate this week!
jaime

DKay said...

Sprinkles is too cute!! The family just keeps growing - LOL. Lane loves his little beta (King Tut) also. They are very resilient guys and that is a good thing for sure.

Anonymous said...

Zayden is so cute!! Sprinkles is a very pretty Beta fish. We have 3 aquariums, 1 Love bird, 1 dog and 1 cat . . . that's it! No more! :) I even have a cat at my parents' house b/c the 2 cats wouldn't get along so I had to give mine up when I got married :(

Love your blog! It's fun to stay up-to-date on your life.