This weekend we ate at two yummy dinning establishments. I would not make a good food critic reviewer because I'm not all that passionate about what I eat to be able to write about my culinary encounters with whimsical prose. However, I know what makes a good eating-out experience and when I have pleasant experiences I like sharing them.
On Friday we went to NYPD Pizza and Delicatessen to celebrate Xylie's birthday. Xylie and Zayden loved standing peering through the glass window watching fresh pizza dough being tossed in the air. The pizza NY style (thin crust) and the menu anomalous compared to standard chain restaurants. We enjoyed the pesto pizza, bayside bianca (a white pizza) and Mariano pizza pie. NYPD Pizza and Delicatessen also offers other creative pizza choices as well as a plain cheese pizza for those less adventurous. I have not tired the sandwiches, but they look scrumptious.
Saturday evening we dinned at my favorite Summerville restaurant, The Mustard Seed, which offers an eclectic menu featuring local seafood, innovative pasta dishes, and fresh salads. The Mustard Seed atmosphere is perfect for a date night and luncheon with the girls, but also family friendly. A children's menu is offered and they have a few high chairs as well. The service is exceptional and the prices are reasonable. Most dinner items are priced between $9-$13. A nice wine list is also offered.
I highly recommend both restaurants.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Good Eats
Posted by Angela Nazworth at Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment