Monday, February 25, 2008

Pronunciation

Xylie and I both get a good laugh about how she pronounces remote control. Please know that I am not laughing at her and am just posting this as part of our diary. It really has become a joke for both of us and there is no pressure on her to say it correctly. For some reason she cannot say the words remote control side by side. She's been practicing and practicing and that's where the laughter comes in. Here are some of her pronunciations.

Mote Troll (That is most common)

These are the versions that come out when she tries extra hard to say it correctly.

Comote Retroll

Rote Comoll

Rome-mote Rome-troll

Romtroll

Rote Retroll

2 comments:

Robin said...

TOO PRECIOUS!! I love hearing about those tricky words.

Anonymous said...

I love those! We still call our remote the "remoke" because that's how Bryant said it when he was little. Sometimes he (at almost 8 years old) still slips up on words he used to mispronounce like "cangy" (candy).

Too funny.
Jaime