Xylie tasted Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies yesterday. She’s probably had them before but doesn’t remember them, so yesterday it was like she was tasting them for the first time. Like her mommy and daddy, she loved every morsel.
You may not know that Xylie LOVES watching cooking shows. We no longer have the food network, but PBS runs some shows and she tunes in. Her reaction below reflects both her affection for cooking shows and Thin Mints.
“Wow, mommy, this is really a wonderful cookie. I really like the smooth, shiny cold frosting on the outside and the crunchiness inside. Mmmmm. This is such a good cookie. The cold minty taste is really great with the chocolate. Thank you for sharing these wonderful cookies with me mommy!”
I honestly do not know how to raise this child. One minute she’s a fretful drama queen screaming at me for trying to pick out her clothing on Sunday mornings and the next minute she’s discussing the nuances of cookies like she’s auditioning for “America’s Next Food Network Star.”
To read her mommy’s thoughts on Thin Mints, check out my inaugural post at Becoming Me.
2 comments:
Ang,
I have a recipe for thin mint cookies that is supposed to taste just like the Girl Scout cookies. I haven't tried them yet but I was thinking about it for this weekend--Shane LOVES them! If you're interested I can e-mail the recipe to you--it looks pretty simple. Love, Mer
throw out the idea of figuring her out - way too exhausting!!! just roll with it.
DKay
Post a Comment