Monday, March 9, 2009

Every Cross Needs a Christmas Tree



OK...I'm going to just come out and say it...I'm having a blog carnival at Becoming Me about Easter...and only 5 people have joined...I'm about to be blog # 6...I'm desperate...and my feelings are a little hurt...but I'm trying to get over it and move on. Clearly, I still have issues with rejection that I need to work through.

The challenge of the Easter Frills and Thrills carnival is to share something about Easter. You can share a scripture, a devotion, a recipe, a picture of you in an Easter dress, a picture of an egg...it is flexible.

For this blog, I'm choosing to share a picture drawn by my five-year-old daughter.





When I first saw this picture, I smiled and thought how precious it was that she drew a picture of Jesus on the cross. I was, however, puzzled by the green triangle, which I later learned is a Christmas tree.

When I asked X-Factor her reasoning for putting a Christmas tree beside the cross she replied, "Oh, that's just for decoration."

Maybe so, but Christmas and Easter certainly do go together.


The Easter Frills and Thrills Carnival will be going on until Wed. Hope to see you there.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,

I would totally participate in the carnival except that I am on a blogging break that I feel the Lord is calling me to be on right now. So know this girl ain't rejecting you, she just has to prioritize right now. :)

Muthering Heights said...

Now that is FUNNY!!! And very sweet. :)

Don't be discouraged about the carnival...it looks like more bloggers are joining as the day goes on...

Carol said...

That is so sweet! And I'm sorry I haven't joined the carnival. I'm on three other sites this week and am struggling to get all my stuff written. If I can, I'll join before it's over.

Unknown said...

Awww, I am sure more people will post before the carnival ends-Do not be dismayed-The Lord is with you on this one for sure;)

Mocha with Linda said...

Out of the mouth of babes. . .

Gretchen said...

Adorable, and definitely frame-worthy. So sweet.

Andrea said...

Precious....out of the heart of a child......I love it!! Andrea

http://arise2write.blogspot.com
http://andrealuvsallgodscreatures.blogspot.com

Angela Nazworth said...

I have to admit...I like the expression on Jesus' face---it is like He's smirking at Satan.

Anonymous said...

Too sweet! And if my girls were just a bit younger, you can bet I'd be entering! I actually was sad when I realized ,y girls are too old...sigh!

Skoots1moM said...

how precious! She wanted to put some JOY in Jesus' worst time...his one and only decoration for the world--eternal salvation! Bravo...she understands love.

Denise said...

Beyond precious.

Unknown said...

Love the picture! It is so cute! I totally understand about your disappointment. But, it looks like a few more people have joined in. I am really enjoying reading everyone's posts. Thanks for doing this.