
I usually do not regret E-mails that I send out. I was once infamous for sending forwards, but as I became a more savvy user of the Web, the more careful I became about sending out information. But yesterday, I forwarded an E-mail with a video link about the religious beliefs of Oprah Winfrey and I now have a few regrets.
I did view the video before sending and I had a few reservations, but I sent it along anyway because I felt that the message about Oprah was more important than the way the video was produced.
The truth is, Oprah does subscribe to a New Age world view. In the early 80's she professed Christianity but since changed her mind. Being the powerful leader that she is, which to her credit has a lot to do with her compassionate heart, many people are following her lead and believing that any road can lead to Heaven or "the light" as Oprah now calls it. So that is why I forwarded the E-mail. I wanted others to know about her stance on Christianity and about how dangerous her influence can be.
However, the video was not well-produced. I mean, it looked pretty. But, as Napp pointed out, it was in many ways a sneaky negative ad campaign against Obama as much as it was against Oprah. He makes a good point and I am seeing the video now more as propaganda.
I guess the point of this is to say that well I think Oprah's views are appalling, I think there should be better tactics used against it. And if you were someone who also sent around the link, please don't take this post as a personal criticism. It's just me sharing a new perspective.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
A regret
Posted by Angela Nazworth at Thursday, April 10, 2008
Labels: Faith, Muddling Through
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have a link to a YouTube video produced by a Christian company. Basically they give the details about the beliefs of this "New Earth" religion and actual clips from Oprah's online class for the book. There's no political propaganda. If you'd like the link, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA
I don't think we should apologize for bringing darkness into light. This is a very real, very intense spiritual oppression and as Christians we've got to open our eyes and start praying for Oprah. She's very misled and she's blindly leading people into this.
Sorry to be so long-winded. I'm amazed by how many people are deceived. They stomp all over the Bible and Christianity and consider it "weird" but they quickly embrace this religion becuase of Oprah and her influence.
Hmm... I just realized there is mention of Obama on that video. Well after watching it again, I don't think the main focus of this video was a political agenda, but sort of an afterthought. I think we need to be VERY careful with presidential elections coming up. I don't think any of the 3 candidates are good so it's like choosing the best of the worst.
Not trying to start an argument. Just putting my 2 cents out there. We've got to be tenacious (and loving) in our manner of dealing with the occult and politics. Thank you for sharing your views.
Thanks for commenting Joy!
Post a Comment