Thank you all for your words of encouragement regarding my less-than-peachy keen week. There have been lots of blessings though and the writing time has been fabulous.
I will say that my car and toe pale in comparison to learning that my little Z-man has pneumonia. Tears blur my eyes to see and hear him so sick.
Last night was rough for the little buddy. He woke up wheezing several times and at one point, I contemplated taking him to the ER, but then his symptoms let up just enough to ease my mind. Since the X-Factor is out of town and the two share a room, I think I am going to sleep in her tiny bed tonight.
This morning, I called our pediatricians office and scheduled an appointment for 10:30. Without listening to Z-man, the dr. said that I need to give the antibiotics more time and that he didn't hear wheezing. He then gave me a brief tutorial on wheezing. I smiled politely and waited until he was finished, all the while counting to ten in my head. I told him that I did understand the difference between wheezing and panting and was 100% sure that Z-man was wheezing throughout the night and day. After listening to his chest, he confirmed that Z-man was indeed wheezing. The doc prescribed some liquid Abuterol and it has made a difference.
Z-man got hyper after his first dose, but I'll take my baby hyper over listless any day.
I can hear him coughing as I type, but it sounds a little better than it did.
Please say some prayers for my boy.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Mama's Intuition
Posted by Angela Nazworth at Friday, June 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
My boys have asthma (that's the reason I'm such a chemical nazi) so I can certainly relate to what you are going through.
I hate condescending doctors! I can give you the name of a great pediatrician that trusts mama's intuition if you want to email me privately.
Oh, my! Oh, my!
What a week you have had! I was just catching up, and I am so sorry!
I am praying for your son AND for you!
You are such a precious encourager to me. May He pour out His love and encouragement on you!
What craziness to have this during ...summer months?!
God has already heard your mothers prayers for baby...this to shall pass.
Thanks for visiting and laughing along side those memories!
God is so good to bless us with those naked baby angels!
The albuterol will clear him up quick. Lane has been on that many times and took breathing treatments for almost 2 years. He grew out of the asthmatic breathing that he had. He never had asthma - just breathing symptons. Kind of odd - but if Z-man has to be on albuterol again...best to get some for yourself too! Man oh man, Lane is already hyper on a regular day but on that, it is unbearable! But like you said, it is better than him struggling to get air, no doubt. I hope he is feeling much better soon! Love you all.
Prayers for you. It's hard on mommy's when their babies are sick. Take care.
Oh, I am praying for him right now. Poor baby...and Mommy too!
Post a Comment