My interview with the University of Georgia ended a few hours ago. I thought it went well. They seemed to like my presentation on redistricting. It's difficult to tell with these sort of things, though. You have no idea how the "other" candidate did. (I was the second, and last, to interview for the position.)
Last night I had a little dilemma when I got in. Besides getting lost a few times on my way there, I forgot my dress shoes. The professor who took me out for dinner was nice enough to take me to a shoe store. I quickly found a pair of Nunn Bush dress shoes just my size in the discount section for only $20. So, I'll be going home with a new pair of dress shoes.
Friday, June 13, 2008
UGA Interview
Posted by Unknown at Friday, June 13, 2008
Labels: Dr. N
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am glad it went well.
But...what about working for UGA, you know....being a Gator and all. But hey, UGA money spends as good as the rest, right???
Thanks for the comment left on PrayfullyYoursJen on the Thankful Thursdays with JC post. I posted what was on my heart. I enjoyed reading about you. I love the codes for family members. The pics are adorable. Mrs. N, I love your candor about PPD. Dr. N, I pray God will put you exactly where He wants you to be and have a joyful and peaceful Father's Day. Blessings to you all. JC
Dr. N, we are praying for you. UGA would be lucky to have you.
On a lighter note, I read the comment above about being a Gator working for the Dawgs, and this song came to mind. You don't have to approve the comment if you are offended by the lyrics or worry someone else might be, but I love this song and it fits perfectly.
"A long ride back from Jacksonville
500 miles from a game we should’ve won
Man we ought a burn down that stadium
Thought this year was gonna be ours
Talking too much junk in those Florida bars
Now I’m stunned
man I wish it was 1981,
now I know why they say
every dog has his days
can’t win every game we play
but every dog has his days
Longing for those glory days
like the one he cried run Lindsay Run
I was too young to be there but I’m sure it was fun
I bet that crowd was flyin high
And I bet Glory to ol’ Georgia was cried as the band played
Man I wish I could feel that way today
now I know why they say
every dog has his days
can’t win every game we play
but every dog has his days
and I played back my favorite victories
like that last minute win up in Tennessee
I bet them hob nails hurt like h*ll
And I got sweet memories of 2002 won the SEC
And the sugar bowl too
Man we had a ball down on Bourbon Street
Ooh, those were the days
Just got my tickets in the mail
Septembers coming fast and I can hardly wait
They say these guys they might take us all the way
And if they do I’ll be flying high
and there’ll probably be a happy tear in my eye but rain or shine
I’ll be yellin’ go Dawgs from the 20 yard line, and
I know why they say
every dog has his days
can’t win every game we play
but every dog has his days
and we’ll be singing
Glory, Glory to ol’ Georgia
Glory, Glory to ol’ Georgia
Glory, Glory to ol’ Georgia
Oh Georgia Hail to the"
Southern Girl,
A very funny song. I lived in GA until 1983, so I have vague memories of the Herschel Walker days.
dkay & jc,
Thank you. Your prayers are much appreciated.
do you teach? I'm a professor so thats why I ask.
Yes, Dr. N. is a political science professor
Post a Comment