Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Is it Just Me?--Tripping over Flat Surfaces

I don't know about you? But I've got a few quirks. Years ago, I've tried to hide those embarrassing quirks, but now, I embrace them. Each oddity I possess is, for better or worse, a part of who I am. And because one is a lonely number, I decided to create a spontaneous weekly meme as a safe place for the quirky of the world. Each week I'll reveal something new about me and I do hope that you'll play along. So, what's quirky about you? Do you dye streaks in your hair to match your clothing? Eat Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches? C'mon...embrace that sweet inner dork...we all have one.

Here's how it works.

1) Read my quirk
2) Leave me a comment
3)Write one of your own
4) Make sure you link to All That Naz on your post
5) Sign up on my Mr. Linky

Now, for my first ever is it just me...

Is it just me, or does anyone else trip over flat surfaces?

When a friend invited me to a step aerobic class I laughed and said..."Uh, I don't think so. I'll fall." She shook her head and admonished, "Don't be so negative! You won't fall. Why on earth would you say you'd fall?"

Why would I say that? Because falling is something I do well. I have falling during every aerobics class I have ever taken, with or without a step involved. I have tripped while wearing both sneakers and heals. I have tripped over toys, cords, dogs, children, and....flat surfaces.

Just two days ago I was walking to our apartment and fell to the ground while holding Z-Man. I didn't catch a heal, trip on a stick, stone or other object. I just fell. Plain and simple.

Not only did I fall, I skinned my knee. I don't think I've skinned a knee since elementary school, and let me just tell you I have a new respect for my toddler and preschooler who are often scrapping their little legs.

Fortunately for me, Dr. N has taken a few first aid classes in his time. Within seconds after announcing my ailment, Dr. N. came at me with antiseptic spray and a giant band-aid. The X-Factor, who is not a fan of "the spray" gave me a sympathetic glance, a hand squeeze, and offered to blow on my stinging boo-boo.

Oh, coordination...where art thou?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We call it tripping over air and I do it ALL THE TIME! You are not alone in your need for coordination.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Me too. My inner dorkiness is gigantic.

embracing it is the best!

Anonymous said...

Too funny that you just trip. I was in the kitchen one night and Katie came in and all of a sudden she was on the floor. She is 11, I couldn't stop laughing. I have this horrible habit of laughing at people's falls BEFORE I ask them if they are okay. That's not right . . . hey maybe that's one of my quirks?!?

Darla said...

Oh you mean that's not NORMAL? Oy!

Yeah I'm a klutz waiting to happen. LOL!!!

Joy said...

I'll have to think about a few quirks that are funny enough to post! LOL!

Your poor knees!!!