This post is inspired by my new friend Annie (Magners Random Ramblings) who, in a recent blog post, wrote ten "dorky" things about herself. She had just watched a movie that dealt with "embracing your inner dork." Well, I don't have an inner dork, because I pretty much wear my dork on my sleeve. So I thought I'd write five things about myself that may be surprising. Not fascinating, but things that some of you know and others would never have guessed. And yes, some of them are dorky!
- I am such a carnivore. Yes, as I age I do become more and more health conscious so I do not indulge myself all the time (I am a big fan of the "everything in moderation" theory). However, I promise you, if bacon was declared a health food I would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day! For my taste buds, bacon is second only to chocolate as the "perfect food." I grew up not too far from Philadelphia, PA. So while I may order a salad with grilled chicken, I am secretly craving a Philly Cheese Steak. And those of you who know the lingo, I'm a "Provolone With" type of girl.
- I was the drum major in my high school band. How did this uncoordinated short girl get that job? I'm still not quite sure.
- I didn't get my driver's license until I was 23-years-old.
- I LOVE Roller Coasters. I didn't really discover this until I was an adult. The big ones always looked scary to me, but while living in Orlando, I gave one a try at Busch Gardens and I was hooked. My favorite roller coaster is "The Hulk"at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, Orlando. My absolute favorite theme park. The Hulk shoots up at 0-60 in about 2 seconds. An awesome thrill.
- I get motion sickness. This one is only surprising after #4. I can take roller coasters and am not afraid of heights, but merry-go-rounds make me dizzy, and I cannot read in the car (maps included). I also cannot sit in the back seat of a car for very long without feeling ill.
0 comments:
Post a Comment